Subscribe to A Native Son
Blogs By Date
Like Us On Facebook
- Wild Seed – Book Review November 9, 2015It was recently announced that Dawn, the first book in Octavia Bulter’s Xeogenenis series, is slated to be turned into a TV series. Now for those of you who know anything about her, that is pretty dope news! And not just for geeks like myself. Octavia, was an amazing writer who had the uncanny skill of […]A.N.S
- A Sattva Yoga Journey – This Saturday!! October 28, 2015If you’re gonna be in the DC area this Saturday, swing by Church of The Holy City – National Swedenborgian Church around 10 am. Why, you may ask? Cause you’re due for an amazing yoga practice, that’s why. I’ve had the pleasure of attending one of Daniel’s classes in the past and his approach was unlike any […]A.N.S
- I kissed a girl named Electronica, and I liked it. October 18, 2015So I’m minding my business at work on Friday afternoon, counting down until I can get the hell outta dodge, when a buddy invites me to roll with some friends to EchoStage. Apparently Kaskade was performing and it was a big deal (I didn’t realize how much of a deal it was until later). Now […]A.N.S
- “George Bush doesn’t care about Black People” August 29, 2015That moment, the moment Kanye West uttered those words (nearly 10 years ago), is arguably one of the most provocative in the history of television. I happened to be watching the broadcast of A Concert for Hurricane Relief and for a moment, I felt as if I’d been gut punched. From the looks of it, Mike Myers […]A.N.S
- Confessions of a Black Dude who digs White Yoga August 24, 2015So it was sorta random…the way it all went down. It was 2009 and my chiropractor, at the time, recommended that I try yoga. I had been dealing with chronic back pain for a while and none of the hot, cold, electronic or mechanical contraptions in his office seemed to be having any effect on my […]A.N.S
Some guys buy high powered sports cars or settle down with a lady half their age when they hit that so called 'mid life crisis' stage of life.
I started a blog. Not sure why...It just sorta hit me. Maybe it was always in me. Or maybe, it'll just be my own form of therapy, but I think there might be something to this blogging thing. I know, I know, I'm a few years behind the eight ball, and certainly ain't Donald Trump...but I think I have a few things to say.
So hopefully you'll enjoy this ride as much I intend to.